File your Annual Professional Privilege Tax Return
What You Can Do
- File your annual Professional Privilege Tax return online.
- If this is your first time, see the Online Demo.
- To file for multiple people, you can do so at the batch filing application.
What You Need
- ACH Debit Banking information including bank name, bank account number, and bank routing number.
- Credit cards accepted are MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. A 2.49% processing fee will be added to your payment.
Tennessee Code Annotated, Section 67-4-1701, imposes an annual privilege tax on persons holding, on the due date of June 1, an active Tennessee license or registration to practice certain professions. The tax is imposed on the privilege of holding an active license or registration, without regard to whether the profession is actually practiced in the State of Tennessee.
You cannot check the status of a previously filed tax return or payment. To do so, contact the Revenue Call Center at (615) 253-0600, Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m Central time, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.