File your Annual Professional Privilege Tax Return
What You Can Do
- File your annual professional privilege tax return online.
- Click here for a demo if this is your first time filing.
- File for multiple people using the batch filing application.
- Methods of payment include Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa. To pay by EFT, you must have your bank's routing number and your checking account number, located on one of your checks. For all credit card payments, an additional 2.49% service fee will be added to your payment. There is no fee to use EFT.
- To check the status of a previously filed tax return or payment, contact the Revenue Call Center at (615) 253-0600, Monday - Friday, 7am to 5pm, CST.
The professional privilege tax is an annual privilege tax imposed on persons holding, on the due date of June 1st, an active Tennessee license or registration to practice certain professions. This tax is imposed without regard to whether the profession is actually practiced in the state of Tennessee. (TCA, Section 67-4-1701).
- Investment Advisor
- Landscape Architect
- Osteopathic Physician
- Real Estate Principal Broker
- Securities Agent
- Speech Pathologist
- Sports Agent