Renewing Your Driver License Online
What you will need:
- Your Tennessee mailing address.
- Your credit or check card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover).
- You cannot use a prepaid card.
- Your driver license/ID number
Driver License Number
Your driver license number is nine digits long and located directly beneath the green bar labeled "Driver License".
- The last four numbers of your Social Security Number.
About renewing your license online:
- There is no additional charge to renew online.
- When you renew online, you are renewed instantly. Remember to print your confirmation page because it serves as an extension until your new license/ID arrives in the mail.
- You may renew an expired license online if it has not been expired for more than five years.
- You cannot renew a Commercial Driver License online.
- Males between the ages of 18 and 25 will automatically be registered for selective service.