Order a Duplicate License Online
What you will need:
- Your Tennessee mailing address.
- Your credit or check card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover).
- Your driver license/ID number.
- The last four numbers of your Social Security Number.
About ordering a duplicate license/ID online:
- There is no additional charge to order online.
- The cost for a replacement license/ID is $8 (or $12 if this is not your first replacement during this renewal cycle).
- Your last license/ID must have been a version that contained a digitized signature and photo.
- By Tennessee law (55-50-301), no person is permitted to have more than one valid driver license/ID at any time.
- If you are a male between the ages of 18-25, you will automatically be registered for selective service.
- It can take up to 20 business days to receive your duplicate license/ID in the mail. For more information, please see our renewal license/ID FAQs.
- The printed confirmation page of this transaction can be used as a legitimate extension of your license/ID, valid for twenty (20) days from the transaction date. Please be sure to check your printer connection if you are currently connected to a printer. You will be able to reprint your confirmation if necessary.