Get a Copy of Your Tennessee Driving History
There are three ways to get your driving history (also called a motor vehicle record or MVR).
- Cost: $7 - credit/check card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover)
You cannot use a prepaid card
- Have: Driver name, birth date, TN driver license number
- Will need a computer to print or save your MVR
Go to a Driver Service Center
- Go to a Driver Service Center (Map of stations)
- Cost: $5
- Bring: Driver name, birth date, TN driver license number
- If you want someone else to obtain a copy of your MVR for you, you must submit a notarized statement authorizing that person to obtain the record.
Request By Mail
- Mail your request to:
Tennessee Department of Safety
PO BOX 945
Nashville, TN 37202
- Cost: $5 - send cashier's check or money order payable to Tennessee Dept. of Safety
- Include: Driver name, birth date, TN driver license number
- Allow two weeks from the mailing date to receive the driver record.
What you should know about getting your MVR
- The MVR is an official copy of your driving record.
- The MVR will show the past three years of driving history
- To protect your privacy, the MVR does not display your address.